11 June 2021
Dear Saint Paul’s faith community members and friends,
Saint Paul’s COVID-19 Response Team Members (Mark Anderson, Steve Riendl, Angie Paulson, Jacob Manier, Rev. Janet MacNally, and Rev. Ramona Scarpace) have put together guidelines for worshiping together in-person. These guidelines are based on information from the Centers for Disease Control, the Minnesota Department of Health, and the Episcopal Church in Minnesota. The team asks that, in the spirit of loving God and neighbor, everyone follow the guidelines as listed below. If you have any questions or concerns about these guidelines, please contact Junior Warden and COVID Response Team Chair Steve Riendl at email@example.com.
IN-PERSON WORSHIP GUIDELINES: Attendance
- No pre-registration for worship is required
- If you aren’t feeling well for any reason, please take care of yourself at home. You may join the service via Zoom. If you have any personal health questions or concerns about attending in-person worship services, please speak with your medical provider.
Creating a Welcoming and Safer Environment
- Greeters and ushers will be on-hand to assist you with seating, service bulletins, questions
- The church and restrooms will be cleaned before and after each Sunday worship service
- Hand sanitizer and masks will be available
- All books will be removed from the pews. Worship bulletins will be available in paper and electronic format.
Masks and Social Distancing
- If you are fully vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask or socially distance. You may wear a mask and socially distance for your own comfort level.
- If you are not vaccinated, please wear a mask and socially distance.
- If someone is wearing a mask, please keep socially distant from them.
- Saint Paul’s Church seats approximately 250 people. Given our regular Sunday attendance numbers, there is plenty of room to spread out.
- We recommend that family groups sit together.
- Fully vaccinated people may sit with other fully vaccinated people.
- If someone is wearing a mask, please socially distance from them when selecting a seat
• Congregational singing is permitted. The Peace
• Please remain in your seats for the Peace. Use a wave, a nod, a smile, etc.
- Clergy and those assisting at the altar will sanitize their hands in view of the congregation.
- Communion will be of bread only. We will use gluten-free wafers for all. Receive the bread in your hands.
- The common cup of wine will not be used at this time.
- You may receive at the altar rail kneeling or standing. If you are unable to or do not wish to come up to the altar rail, please notify an usher, and the bread will be brought to you.
- Note: Rev. Ramona, and Rev. Janet are fully vaccinated.
- To be held at the back of the church
- Coffee and lemonade only, served in disposable cups
- A limited number of people will set up refreshments and pour
- No foods at this time
- The nursery will be available and staffed.
- The nursery will be cleaned before and after each Sunday.
- Parents must give contact information (name and phone number)
- If Saint Paul’s becomes aware of a situation where someone who attended the service receives information that they have contacted COVID, Saint Paul’s will notify people of the occurrence via the E-pistle.
We give thanks for the gift of coming together in-person to worship God, the Creator, Redeemer, and Sustainer of life. We give thanks for all who worked so diligently to create and distribute vaccines. We give thanks for those who put themselves at risk to keep others safe. We remember those who have died and hold their families in our prayers.
Mark Anderson, Senior Warden
Steve Riendl, Junior Warden
Rev. Ramona Scarpace, Priest-in-Charge