From the Archives: May 2016

Saint Paul's ChurchHistory

by Rose Nightingale The Vestry called the Rev. Richard R. Emery in 1948. He was then serving in Albert Lea. His youth, hard work, and pleasing personality endeared him to the whole parish. Soon attendance improved, money was coming in and St. Paul’s was booming again. Money was appropriated by the vestry for repairs. The interior was cleaned and renovated, and long-delayed work on Camp Lawton was completed. The exterior of the church was painted … Read More

Read More

A Brief History of Our Parish House

Saint Paul's ChurchHistory

Saint Paul’s Church and Parish House to be Featured in 2016 Minneapolis-Saint Paul Home Tour by Kathy Kullberg, historian The Beim parish house and Saint Paul’s church are one of the main attractions this year on the annual Minneapolis-Saint Paul home tour. This year’s tour visits over 50 houses in the Twin Cities on Saturday, April 30, and Sunday, May 1. This year is also the 100th anniversary of the parish house, which was built … Read More

Read More

April Messenger 2016

Saint Paul's ChurchThe Messenger

View this month’s Messenger by clicking the image. You can also print and share! NOTE: There was an error in the Feb. 2016 minutes. The addendum indicates the the Vestry approved replacing the roof. That should have read repair, not replace.

Read More

From the Archives: Another Proposal to Merge with Saint Mark’s

Saint Paul's ChurchHistory

by Rose Nightingale In 1947, Bishop Keeler initiated another proposal to merge with Saint Marks. It was urged by many in Saint Paul’s, including Dr. Knickerbocker, who was approaching the end of a long and dedicated ministry. The vestry approved the plan in secret. The parishioners hadn’t been told of the vestry’s approval. Two long-term members, Theodore T. Jones and Lawrence S. Clark, Sr., felt everyone should know what was going on, and without consulting … Read More

Read More