From the Parish Archives: Camp Lawton

Saint Paul's ChurchHistory

by Rose Nightingale To continue with information on the importance of camping to Saint Paul’s Church: Camps were conducted by volunteer staff — usually former choir members — assisted by church staff, including the choirmaster and Bess Healy. A cook was hired under Miss Healy’s direction. In 1928, Paul Kingsley, a former choirboy, heard of a 20-acre tract on Deer Lake in St. Croix, Wisconsin. It appeared to be a desirable campsite. A detailed inspection … Read More

Read More

From The Parish Archives – Addison E. Knickerbocker

Saint Paul's ChurchHistory

Addison E. Knickerbocker was called from Christ Church, Red Wing. During his 11 years he had made many friends among members of St. Paul’s. He started here in 1921 and ended his service in 1948; was the longest rector (27 years) of any St. Paul’s rector. At the end of his 2nd year, he reported conducting 190 services, with membership at 661. Income was $30,000, with a net income over expenses of $1,350. The church … Read More

Read More